Okay, all bloggers deserve to have one totally off topic category on their blog. I’ve been through several, and I’m doing it again. This started out as a basic Sugar Cookie recipe I found in the “Joy of Cooking” cookbook. As far as it went, it’s nice, but a bit bland. So here is a somewhat jazzed up version:
Basic Sugar Cookies – Cherry Flavored
2 1/2 cup all purpose-flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cherry flavoring
3 ounces pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 deg.
- Sift dry ingredients together in small bowl.
- Mix oil, butter and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs and flavoring and beat well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and beat well.
- Form dough into small balls and place one lightly greased cookie sheet. If desired, flatten cookies before baking.
- Bake for 10-12 min. Cool on rack.
Makes 36 cookies approx. Here’s the nutrition info:
Serving size: 1/36 of a recipe (0.9 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat (50%) 55.83
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6.36g 10%
Saturated Fat 1.45g 7%
Cholesterol 13.72mg 5%
Sodium 73.13mg 3%
Potassium 23.83mg <1%
Total Carbohydrates 12.65g 4%
Fiber 0.5g 2%
Protein 1.48g 3%
One thought on “Totally Off Topic – #SugarCookies #ReluctantRetiree’sKitchen”
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing
around your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing
to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!